smile evaluation

this is my evaluation for my smile campaign advert and podcast. 

 initial research: For my initial research I started by researching into the company for example I found out where the charity operates who they help and how they help them. This meant that when I came to planning my product it would be suitable for the target audience. I made a rational for my target audience this helped me finetune my advert so that it was created more for them. to make this rational I made a survey for people to fill out on google forms. some of the questions on this questioner where: how old are you? , What is your gender identity? and How is your mental health? using these questions allowed me to make a advert that was targeted at mostly boys who are in the age category of 16-18. when I asked people what they would describe their mental health as 50% of people who took part in the survey described their mental health as okay this could suggest that it does need improvements. when I asked people what effects this mental health most people responded with school/college work. this meant that when I came to devolving the plan for my advert it was going to be based around boys who are in the age category of 16-18 and are in school/college and need help with improving their mental health. the last thing that I needed to find out for my rational is what helps improve mental health, when I asked on my survey some of the answers included listening to music, watching films and hobbies. I decided to implement the idea of music into my advert as I feel like it would fit well with it being in a school or college setting. with this information I was able to start my pre production.   

pre production: For my pre production I stared by making a storyboard for my advert which was going to show all of the scenes that I am planning on making. I done this as it would plan what shots I wanted to use, who was going to be in that shot and what direction that characters or the cameras are going to be moving.  Making a starboard was a great help when it came to making my advert as it helped show me how the story of the advert was going to flow. This storyboard included what shots I was going to use what direction the people and the camera would be moving, who will be in the scene and where the scene will take place. After I had finished the storyboard for my advert I needed to get people to act in my advert so I created a personal list that included the contact details for each person who was taking part. The next part of preproduction that I completed was the location forms this involved getting permission to use the locations I would also have to say what day and what time I wanted to schedule using the location. After I had done the location forms I had to do a risk assessment on the locations to make sure they where safe to film in this involved checking off and making sure the cast and crew where notified of the risks in the location. I also had to make a resource list for my advert my advert needed a camera, tripod and a slider to be able produce. 

For my pre production for my podcast I began by making a plan for my podcast this plan consisted of everything that I was going to talk about within my podcast. The next thing that I completed for pre production was my resource list, for my podcast I needed microphones, microphone stands, an audio interface. I also needed a MacBook that was accessible of running logic pro this is what I am going to be using to record and edit my podcast. 

production: I started filming my advert by getting some establishing shots of the class room. This is so my when people watch my advert who have no idea what it is about they understand that it is in a classroom. The next shot shows one of the characters legs shaking this suggests to the viewer that the character is nervous. We continued to film many different types of shots including a close up which I filmed without a tripod so that the camera was shaky like the characters emotions in the scene. I also done one shot at a Dutch angle as this type of shot suggest a sense of nervousness and disorientation. I used a tripod at the end of the advert as the character are walking towards and away from the camera. 
The purpose of the advert was to advertise the charity mind. For my advert I had taken inspiration from john Lewis Christmas adverts, in these adverts they tell a story to show what they are advertising. This is what I done for my advert, the story of my advert is based around two friends in education. one of the friends is struggling with mental health and the other helps him with his mental health. He does this by offering to listen to music with his friend. This shows to the character who is struggling with mental health that he does have a friend who cares and it shows to people who may be struggling with mental health to listen to music and take a break if education ever gets too stressful.   

I started the production of my podcast on the 18.1.22 it took us around 90 minutes to film the podcast. we used two microphones and two microphone stands this is so the audio does not get distorted. we also sat at opposite ends of the room so that their would be minimal echo. Before the filming of the podcast I had made a plan of discussion which included topics to talk about. I chose to do this rather that a script it as I feel like scripting this podcast would have not have gave the listener the effect of two friends having a conversation which is what I wanted to achieve with my podcast whilst also spreading mental health awareness about different types of musicians.     


post production: for my post production I began by exporting all of my clips on to premier pro, I then watched each clip through and selected what clips I needed for my advert. When I was filming my advert I filmed each scene multiple times incase there was something wrong with the clip when I came to watch it. Once I had my clips in order I had separated the audio and the video and deleted all of the audio. This was the first draft of my advert for one of the improvements I was told that I should have audio in my advert. I then downloaded a MP3 file from YouTube and dragged it over to premier pro, after doing this I slowed it down to give the music a better effect. 

To edit my podcast I opened logic pro and started to cut out the unwanted sections of audio. I made sure to not cut any words out of the podcast as this would make the podcast seem jumpy and not edited well. After I had edited the podcast I saved the file as a mp3 and dragged this to premier pro as this would allow my podcast to be uploaded to YouTube. 
 
conclusion: In conclusion my advert for the smile campaign is about a boy who is in the age category of age 16-18 as the is my target audience. In the advert the boy uses music to help improve his mental health. I think that I portrayed my intentions well through the use of my advert as in the beginning of the advert it showed the character struggling with mental health and then at the end he had a more positive attitude. It is also clear what my advert is advertising as it contains the mind logo at the end with the website link for  the charity.   

my podcast is about how mental health can effect musicians we also talk about how their is a lot more ways to help improve your mental health. I feel like I also portrayed my intentions well we followed the plan of discussion and related each discussion to mental health we then further spoke about who the mind charity is and what they do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

client brief