smile production diary


 this is my production diary this recaps everything I have done while filming my advert for the smile campaign. 

these photographs show me and the rest of my cast and crew in the studio experimenting with some shots and capturing the footage for the advert. we where also experimenting with the equipment we where using for example using the tripod and slider to get different shots. 

when it came to filming the different shots I used my storyboard to make sure that I captured every shot possible. my storyboards where in detail and captured what type of shot I was going to be using they also included who was going to be in that shot and which way the camera or the actor was going to be moving.  

on the day of filming for my advert I had two cast members and one over crew member I used my communication skills to instruct and direct everyone on the day. This included telling my crew where to stand, so that they would not be visible in the shot, and what tripod or dolly I would need for the next shot. this helped a lot as it reduced the amount of times we had to retake a shot and it also reduced the time between shots. I also used my communication skills to direct my cast, for example this included telling them where to be and what they should be doing in my shots. One example of directing them was when they had to walk towards the camera before a second before I would hit record I would instruct my cast to start walking this would help to when it came back to playing this clip as if they started walking after I pressed record it would jumpy and the clip would not flow correctly.   

I positioned the camera at a angle on the slider to created a Dutch angle this would suggest that character who was in the scene is upset. while filing this shot I used a water bottle to mark the place where I was going to stop sliding the camera. this helped a lot as if the camera was slid two far along you wouldn't be able to see the actors face. using the water bottle as a marker really helped 



it took 3 hours to record my advert for the smile campaign this is due to experiencing with different shots and having to use a different area as the area that I had planned to do was not available. since we where in a smaller space the camera was often closer to the actors. I had not planned to do a lot of close ups but due to the circumstances we did however this ended up looking good in the advert as it captured the actors emotions more so that the audience new what he was feeling. On the day of filming I checked to make sure that I had all the resources available thankfully I had made a resource list which included everything we would need to be able to film it this made the process very easy on the day of filming. 


equipment



I used a canon dslr camera to record all of the footage for my advert this camera records at 1080p. i recorded my advert at 25fps. me and my crew would check to make sure that the camera was focused before each shot was filmed this is to avoid redoing to many shots and to make sure that we didn't waste time filming footage that would not be able to be edited. 


this is the type of tripod that I used to film my advert. it was important using a tripod as it made all of my clips stable and steady if the tripod was not used my clips would be shaky and hard to watch as it would not be very appealing to the audience to watch a shaky advert. the canon camera screws in at the top of the tripod to make sure it is very secure. the tripod can be adjusted to different heights this helps if a actor is sat down it is also very easy to adjust the Hight of the tripod. 





this is similar to the dolly that I used to capture some shots for my advert. the camera also screws on the dolly allows the camera to mover horizontally without it being too shaky. the smaller size of the dolly made it easier to get shots of the actors while they where sat at the table 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

client brief